Two weeks before my wedding day, something pretty unexpected happened…

I was finalizing all my details and later that evening, I was off to my final dress fitting (woot, WOOT!). After a day of work and wedding details, I met my friend for a quick bite to eat at Chick-Fil-A before heading down to the fitting. We had a great dinner but on the way to the appointment, my stomach started to hurt. I didn’t think much of it since I was nervous and had just ate a bit too much to eat at dinner. Guess what? It definitely wasn’t just my nerves…

The appointment went great and we were on our way back (wedding dress in hand!) to my apartment. We exited the freeway and it hit me—I was feeling really sick. I decided to just go to bed to see if I’d feel better in the morning, but little did I know that my night was far from over.

About 30 minutes later, let’s just say that I saw my dinner again and to spare you the details—I called Jeffrey to see if he could take my to the emergency room. I was not okay. I’ve never felt so sick in my life. It wasn’t nerves or excitement. This was extreme food poisoning.

Jeffrey and his mom took my to the ER where I was given nausea medicine and a lot of fluids. We were there from about 11 PM to 6 AM the next morning. I felt a bit better by the time I got home, but I practically slept for the next day or so.

This was all on a Monday/Tuesday morning. By Thursday I still was barely able to eat a cracker. I finally slowly gained my appetite back by Friday night but unfortunately, I had lost over 10 pounds.

Once I had enough energy, I put my wedding dress on and guess what? It was too big. I had a strapless wedding dress, so the way it fit around my chest and stomach was essential. My wedding was one week away…

My appetite slowly came back and I was quick to eat anything that would help me bloat and get my dress to fit (since there was no time to get it altered again). My wedding came and not only did I have my appetite fully back but my dress also fit me perfectly! Praise the LORD!!!

While it was all okay in the end, the two weeks before my wedding were a bit stressful, to say the least. I’m proud to say that within the last few weeks I had Chick-Fil-A for the first time in just under a year and it tasted pretty dang good!!!

As our first wedding anniversary approaches, I’ve been thinking about all the days that lead up to our wedding day and how although they were a bit chaotic, but ultimately, lead to the best day ever. I want to encourage you, my friend, that no matter what happens, you are capable. You’ve got a community that will uplift you and support you. And if I’m your wedding photographer, girl, I GOTCHU! Everything is going to fall into place and in the end, you are going to marry the love of your life!


You’ll Never Believe THIS Happened to Me 2 Weeks Before My Wedding

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *